Missed Monday – sorry ’bout that. Let’s get down to it.
- I’m over my lack of involvement with the project that I was salty about last week. Oddly enough, it now seems likes I actually might become more involved in it. I’d like that, as I do like to both stretch and show off my skills. But like I said, I’m over it. And not arbitrarily or because I’m trying to be big about it or anything. I’m not sure if I mentioned it last week, but the current manager actually seems to be making real progress with it and actually seems to understand what the project really is. If it gets done in a reasonable amount of time and has the level of functionality that I’m looking for (i.e. the information is deep enough for me and not just the shallow level that “checks the box” for management), then I’m way into it and don’t care if my hands never touch it.
- I now have another project. A type of order, I suppose, that requires me to really stretch my mind every single time I get one. Most who have done them seem to hate them but both my predecessor and I seem to love them. I know it probably sounds crazy sauce, but I really do love the challenge. I really do love to exercise my thinky bits.
- Trying to develop some new “go-to” recipes that I can be happy with making/eating every or at least every-other week. I think that having something like a “Taco Tuesday” is a really smart idea. It makes for no-brainer planning, budgeting, calorie budgeting, etc. Plus, something to look forward to. “Fuck, this day is sucking… oh wait! Taco Tuesday! Awesomesauce, I’ll bury my stupid face in some seasoned meat, sour cream, and hot sauce!”
- 30/30 is an
- Had some bloodwork
- Scheduling a full physical
- Scheduling an eye exam
- Scheduling a dental exam
- SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not happy that I’ve lost the mornings again, however temporarily so.
- But it’ll be alright and I am happy that my evenings have some sun again.
- No hookups – too busy and slightly not into the idea of so doing.
- Joined the club and took a tour of the grounds. Actually, it was my second tour, but I am glad I attended. The first tour was kind of abbreviated and I clearly missed some important shit. This time I caught it all and I got my membership card in the mail. If the sun stays up long enough after I leave work, I have a feeling that I’ll be heading to that club to arch a bit.
- My latest weight loss efforts haven’t been great, but that’s mostly because I haven’t been super disciplined. I’ll fix that in the days ahead.
- The new Sim City is good… but not great. And that’s not just the fact that the first fucking week it came out noone could motherfucking play it because they weren’t on top of their fucking shit, fucking shitheads. I know this is a First World problem, but fuck you. When I pay for a product, I expect to be able to use it.
- I picked up the Star Craft II expansion but haven’t played it yet.
- I finished the first episode of The Walking Dead: Season 1 (the video game, that is). It was good. I don’t feel good about most of my decisions, but it really doesn’t look like and of the others were any better.
- I should still trade in some of the games that I don’t ever plan on playing again ever.
tl;dr – I am planning on making Tuesdays for Tacos… or I don’t know, some shit like that. Whatever.
I really need to start getting to bed at a reasonable time.