Yeah, a Quicklist. Been a while since I’ve done one of these. I spent a significant portion of this past weekend on chores and general housework. While doing so, I started thinking about the things that I don’t have and can’t do because I live in a second floor two bedroom. That’s a pretty negative view of my situation, and I like to keep it positive here on my notes, so let’s turn it around. Look at it from a positive angle. The angle that someday I will leave this place and move into a better one, and that will be great. When I was driving shitty cars, I didn’t dwell on how shitty they were, did I? No. I just dreamed about how much better my future cars would be. And when I went to buy, I always made a top ten list. Now seems like a good time to start thinking about what should be on that list for my next home. Let’s get started.
Things I Want in My Next Home:
- A garage
- A full-on pantry
- A full-on laundry/utility room
- More than one bathroom
- A basement
- Room to dick-around and tinker, because it’s very difficult to dick around with crazy projects in a two bedroom
- A nice mix of carpet, hardwood, and tile
- A modern dishwasher
- Modern washer/dryer
- A good-assed fridge
- A good-assed kitchen sink
- A kitchen island
- A kitchen that someone who likes to cook can actually do shit in
- A back yard
- Both gas and traditional grills
- Room for all of my toys
- Statues… yeah, that might not actually be reasonable
- A pond?
- No. A lake.
- Or… in indoor pond with a through-building river. Yeah, that would be rad!
- Really good central air/heating
- Some cool, weird shit that I haven’t even thought of yet because it’s that cool and weird
- An awesome shower
- Copious amounts of storage space
- An ocean view.
tl;dr – Oh, you thought I forgot about the “too long; didn’t read” bit? Nope. Just got lazy with it. That was a list of things that I want in my next home.
Alright. That’s an pretty exhaustive list, but I’m open to suggestions. I’ll think about pairing this down as I go. Still… indoor pond. Pretty good idea. Alright, well I’m gunna go… do some shit.