Outside of Afroman’s “A Colt 45 Christmas” or the unreleased “A Very Walken Christmas” album by a drunken Christopher Walken (impostor), I find the vast majority of holiday music to blow fucking chunks. Christmas music runs the biggest gamut, ranging from incredible songs that can actually be listened to out of season all the way to songs that are so horrible, they actually make me wish it weren’t Christmas. Holiday ruiner songs. That seems like a subject another post…
Anyway, here are some that I whipped together into a nice half-assed list for you:
10. Frosty the Snowman
9. Christmas Cannon – Trans Siberian Orchestra
8. Blue Christmas – Elvis
7. All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
6. ‘Zat You, Santa Claus? – Louis Armstrong
5. Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy – David Bowie & Bing Crosby
5. Happy Christmas (War Is Over) – John Lennon
4. Jingle Bells, Batman Smells – The Joker (let’s say…)
3. Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano
2. Last Christmas – Taylor Swift
1. Last Christmas – Wham!
I think that I should re-think the order of that list… but I’d bet this would still make a rippin’ playlist.
You know what we should do? An “Aria Eraser”! What five holiday-based songs would you erase from existence? I’ll post mine in a few.